Revere's Riders has made changes to how we run our events in order to align with current CDC recommendations.
- This event has passed.
Rifle 125 (Basic Rifle) – Two Day Inaugural Event (Willisburg, KY)
Apr 3, 2021 @ 8:30 am—Apr 4, 2021 @ 4:30 pm EDT$40 – $80
Rifle 125 (Basic Rifle) OverviewPrerequisites: None Estimated Ammunition Required: About 200 rounds/day. Rifle Requirements: You will need a safe rifle chambered in your preferred caliber (loaner rifles are generally available; if you need a loaner rifle, please indicate such when filling out your ticket information). Magazine-fed semi-automatic rifles generally work best for our classes, but any other type of rifle (tube-fed semi-automatic, lever-action, bolt-action, etc.) can be used as well. Bring whatever rifle you have and we will work with you. Required Equipment: You should plan to bring the following equipment to the event:
- at least two magazines for your rifle
- a way to take notes
- hearing protection
- eye protection
- plenty of your preferred method of hydration (both plain water and something to replace electrolytes you will lose via sweating is ideal)
- clothing appropriate for the weather (loose fitting clothing, especially around the neck, is discouraged as hot brass can lodge against the skin and cause a burn)
- sling for your rifle (a US GI sling is preferred; loaner slings are typically available at the event)
- shooting mat, carpet remnant or similar
- hat with a brim (to deflect flying hot brass)
- folding chair
- sunscreen and/or bug spray
- Rules for safe gun handling & range rules
- Rifle parts and operation & ammunition
- Shooting fundamentals: Five steps to firing each shot
- Natural Point of Aim
- Shooting from the prone, standing and sitting/kneeling positions to include use of the sling
- Introduction to Sight Adjustments and basic calculation of minutes of angle
- 25 Yard “Morgan’s 13” Classifier
- 25 Yard Rifle Qualifier
- Two Day Only: Intermediate calculation of minutes of angle for precise sight adjustments at all ranges
- Two Day Only: Introduction to Field Shooting, to include basic ballistics and live firing to longer distances (if the range facility permits)
- Two Day Only: As time allows, there may be additional opportunities to engage in challenging competitions to include the Rifle Qualifier, Classic Carbine Qualification, Battle Rattle, and/or Field Shoot
The Midnight Ride of Paul RevereHear the true story of Paul Revere’s famous ride and learn about the events that immediately precipitated the Revolutionary War. Paul Revere did not ride alone – many individuals played crucial roles in the events of April 19th, 1775. This history presentation begins with alarm riders warning “the Regulars are out!” You’ll hear about the dramatic stand on Lexington Green and the “shots heard ’round the world” at Concord’s North Bridge. The tale concludes with harrowing life-or-death choices made along the 17 mile “battle road.” This exciting tale will be woven throughout the day’s marksmanship events.
Win a Copy of “Paul Revere’s Ride”Our history presentations are based on “Paul Revere’s Ride” by David Hackett Fischer, a thoroughly researched recounting of the events leading up to the historic skirmishes between Patriots and Red Coats at Concord and Lexington on April 19, 1775.
We will be giving away a softcover copy of “Paul Revere’s Ride” to one lucky participant at this event.
“The true story of Paul Revere’s ride is very different from the popular myth of the lone rider of the Revolution…This is a tale of contingency, with great events hanging in the narrow balance. It is the story of free people, making hard choices. Most of all, it is about America’s half-remembered heritage of collective action in the cause of freedom. When Paul Revere and his many friends alarmed the Middlesex countryside, they were carrying that message for us.”
COVID-19 PolicyRevere's Riders has made changes to how we run our events in order to align with current CDC recommendations. Please review our COVID-19 Statement before purchasing event tickets.
Wondering What to Bring?
Don't See An Event Listed?
We have members in over a dozen states and can custom-schedule an event that meets your needs in a convenient location. Please contact us for more information.
Training Event Terms & Conditions
Please see the Training Event Terms & Conditions for important information on attending Revere's Riders events.